Grants CommissionThe primary function of the Grants Commission is to make recommendations to the Minister for Local Government on the allocation to local governing bodies in New South Wales of general purpose grants under the provisions of the Commonwealth Local Government (Financial Assistance) Act, 1995.
The Commission may also report on any matter referred to it by the Minister.
MembershipThe Commission consists of four members appointed for terms of up to five years and eligible for reappointment.
The members consist of:
- three members nominated by the Minister, one of whom is the Chairperson;
- the Deputy Chairperson, who is an officer of the Division of Local Government. Of the members, at least two must be persons who are or have been associated with local government in New South Wales.
- The members of the Commission are part-time other than the Deputy Chairperson who is a full-time officer of the Division of Local Government.
- Richard Colley, Chairperson
- Grahame Gibbs, Deputy Chairperson
- Gae Swain, Member
- Graeme Fleming, Member
Support StaffThe Commission's support staff consists of full-time officers of the Division of Local Government:
Commission AppointmentsCommission Members:
Richard Colley, Chairperson
Grahame Gibbs, Deputy Chairperson
Gae Swain, Member
Graeme Fleming, Member
Executive Officer: Bruce Wright
Telephone: +61 (0)2 4428 4132
Fax: +61 (0)2 4428 4199
Locked bag 3015
NSW 2541 Australia
New South Wales Division of Local Government, Department of Premier and Cabinet Grants Commission
5 O'Keefe Ave, Nowra, NSW, Australia
Locked Bag 3015, Nowra, NSW 2541 Australia
Tel: 61-2-4428 4132
Fax: 61-2-4428 4299