Integrated Planning and ReportingAs part of the NSW Governmentís commitment to a strong and sustainable local government system, the Local Government Amendment (Planning and Reporting) Act 2009 was assented to on 1 October 2009.
This legislative reform followed public consultation conducted by the DLG on the integrated planning and reporting package, which included the draft Bill, Regulation, Guidelines and Manual.
The specific aims of the Integrated Planning and Reporting framework are to:
- improve integration of various statutory planning and reporting processes undertaken by councils as required by the Local Government Act 1993 and the Departmentís guidelines Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979
- strengthen councilsí strategic focus
- streamline reporting processes
- ensure that the Local Government Act 1993 and the Integrated Planning and Reporting Guidelines support a strategic and integrated approach to planning and reporting by local councils.
- the Integrated Planning and Reporting Guidelines,
- Integrated Planning and Reporting Manual,
- answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs),
- a link to the Information session presentation